The combination of a rapidly growing city and the effects of a changing environment are putting greater pressure on Melbourne’s precious water supply.
To keep our city green and vibrant but also save precious water, we're asking everyone to limit their water usage to a maximum of 155 litres per person, per day.
Watch the video below to learn how you can reach Target 155.
To make every drop count, you can:
- Take shorter showers (one minute less can save up to 20 litres, depending on the type of showerhead)
- Use the half flush button on the toilet, when you can
- Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth
- Use the dishwasher or washing machine only when you have a full load and use eco settings
- Use a trigger nozzle on the hose and mulch the garden to reduce evaporation by up to 70%.
If we each save a little, we all save a lot. If you’re looking for more ways to save water, then visit our saving water pages for helpful tips on saving water at home, when gardening and at work.
How do I know if I'm reaching the target?
Your water bill will show your household’s daily average water use. Just divide this number by the number of people living in your house to calculate your average daily water use per person and see if you're meeting Target 155.
And remember, Melbourne has permanent water use rules in place.
For more information, visit Permanent water saving rules.
- Terms and conditions – Shower Song competition 2020
The Shower Song competition 2020 winner is Analie Mac.
How to enter
- The City West Water Corporation (CWW) Shower Song 2020 (Competition) is open to individuals who follow City West Water (@citywestwater) on Instagram and reside in Victoria (Eligible Entrant).
To be eligible, entrants must:
- be 18 years old or over.
- follow @citywestwater on Instagram
- like the competition post on Instagram
- in comments on Instagram, submit the title of a favourite song which has a length of up to 4 minutes.
- add the song’s title and artist to the post comments; and
- tag in 1 (one) friend.
- The Competition will run from 12:01 (AEST) on 4 March 2020 and will close at 23:59 AEST on 10 March 2020 (Competition Period).
- Each Eligible Entrant is only entitled to one entry in the Competition.
- Each person is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions upon entry to the Competition.
- 2 x tickets to the Gage Roads Garden Bar at the 15 March 2020 match of AFLW at VU Whitten Oval (the Prize).
- The Prize is valued at $200.00. The total value of all Prizes in this Competition is AUD $200.
- CWW will send the Prize via registered post to the prize winner’s nominated address).
- The Prize, or any unused portion of a Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- By entering this competition on Instagram CWW has the right to publish the prize winner’s first name and the name of their choice of song on various social media platforms and on the CWW website.
- CWW may request the prize winner to participate in further news media and/or social media activities relating to the Competition.
- A nominated CWW representative will conduct a prize draw on Wednesday 11 March at 10.00 (AEST) at City West Water Corporation ABN 70 066 902 467 of 1 McNab Avenue, Footscray, Victoria, 3011 where one (1) Eligible Entrant will be randomly selected to be the prize winner for this competition (Prize Draw)
- As soon as practicable after Prize Draw, CWW will notify the prize winner from the relevant Prize Draw via Instagram and publish winner’s name on https://www.citywestwater.com.au/target155 .
- Once the Eligible Entrant accepts the prize they will become the Prize Winner.
- If a Prize Winner is uncontactable after two business days from initial contact or a Prize Winner chooses not to accept the Prize, the relevant Prize will be forfeited and at CWW’s sole discretion, another Eligible Entrant from the same Prize Draw will be selected to be a new Prize Winner.
- CWW at its sole discretion, reserves the right to not award a Prize in the event that, despite reasonable endeavours, the relevant Prize Winner cannot be located or contacted.
- The Promoter is City West Water Corporation ABN 70 066 902 467 of 1 McNab Avenue, Footscray, Victoria, 3011, telephone 131 691.
- City West Water employees and their families are not eligible to enter.
- CWW may, at its absolute discretion, disqualify an Eligible Entrant, and prohibit the further participation of that Eligible Entrant in this Competition, if that Eligible Entrant:
- fails to establish their status as an Eligible Entrant to CWW’s satisfaction;
- tampers with, or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition;
- is an Eligible Entrant which in CWW’s opinion is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, CWW reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
- CWW assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive any communication or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, then CWW may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way (including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures) or is not capable of being conducted due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of CWW, CWW reserves the right, to:
- cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition; and
- invalidate any affected entry(s).
- Once the Prize has been awarded to a Prize Winner the decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- CWW reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions during the course of the Competition Period at any time and without notice.
- City West Water acknowledges that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.