Skip to the main content

City West Water

Emergency contacts for extreme weather this weekend

 During this extreme weather event, it’s important to know who to contact when issues arise.

Here is a quick guide on who to contact:

  • City West Water manages infrastructure supplying water and removing sewage. To report an issue with water or sewer infrastructure or spill, contact us via email on, via our website on Snap, Send, Solve or call us on 132 642.
  • Local councils manage the local drainage network, including street gutters and storm water drains.
  • Melbourne Water maintains the stormwater infrastructure that connects with rivers, creeks and bays. Contact them on 131 722
  • Residents are advised to pay attention to flood warnings issued by the Bureau of Meteorology and can access current emergency information by calling the Vic Emergency Hotline on 1800 226 226.
  • For emergency response to floodwaters the community can call the Victoria State Emergency Service on 132 500 and for life-threatening emergencies call Triple Zero (000).
  • Property owners are responsible for drainage systems on their property such as roof gutters, downpipes and pipelines, which generally connect to council drains.

City West Water takes the safety of its customers, staff and contractors seriously. Please take extra care this weekend and keep the safety of yourself and your loved ones top of mind.