Property information statements

A property information statement is required when purchasing or selling a property.

First time using the form?

Please call us on 13 44 99 and provide the following details to gain access:

  • ABN/ ACN number
  • Account holder name (if ABN/ACN does not apply)
  • Primary email address

Anyone can request a property information statement from us. The statement lists important details about the property including:

  • charges owing
  • average water consumption costs
  • water and sewer assets servicing the property
  • easements (where applicable)
  • position of main water lines around the property.

To request an information statement, simply complete the online form by selecting apply now button.

Payment can be made up front and you can select one of the following processing options:

  • Standard (within 5 business days) $19.45
  • Priority (within 1 business day) $56.45

Request a property information statement online

Info statements update
Looking for an update?

If you've applied for a property information statement within the last 3 months and need an update of charges, you can now request this online.

Information statements FAQs

How can I request an Information Statement?

To request an Information Statement using the online form, you first need create an account. Call us on 13 44 99 and we'll set up your access to the form. Once access has been set up you can use the form at any time.

Information Statements are valid for 3 months from date of issue. After the expiry date, a statement update can't be generated, you will have to request (and pay for) a new statement to be issued.

How far in advance can I request an update of an Information Statement?

We encourage you to request a statement update closer to the settlement date, as this will allow any new charges or payments to be included in your update.

You can request a statement update up to 30 days in advance of property settlement. However, in the lead up to the end of the financial year, updates past the 30th of June cannot be generated by Greater Western Water. For example, if you order a statement in June, but the settlement date is in July, you will have to wait until after July 1 to request a statement update.

Need assistance or have any questions about your Information Statement?

If you need assistance or have any questions about your statement please email the info statements team or call 13 44 99.

If you need assistance in regards to your adjustments, please note that Greater Western Water is unable to provide legal advice with this.

How can I ensure the figures on the updated Information Statement remain accurate?

The figures provided in an updated Information Statement are accurate as at the time the request is made. However, please be advised usage will be estimated as of the last date of the meter read.

Requesting your update as close to the settlement date as possible will allow for the most up-to-date figures/values possible.

Before the settlement date, please ensure the vendor does the following:

  • makes no further payments before settlement (as this will affect figures)
  • ensures they have cancelled any recurring payments or direct debits on this account also.

How long can I expect to wait for the Information Statement to arrive?

A standard statement can arrive within 5 business days and a priority statement can arrive within 1 business day. If you have applied for a standard statement, but need an application urgently, please call 13 44 99 with your credit card details and receipt number ready to upgrade to a priority statement.

Please note, in some cases, there may be delays in issuing your statement that are beyond our control. For example, waiting for information from other third parties.

Collection Notice

Greater Western Water adheres to the Information Privacy Principles under the Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014. We actively comply with the Principles under this Act in order to protect and maintain privacy of personal information. The personal information being requested by us is in accordance with the Principles for the purpose of providing an Information Statement, under section 158 of the Victorian Water Act 1989. As an Information Statement lists important details about property, it is necessary to collect personal information. We will not disclose personal information to any external parties without consent, unless required or authorised by law. If you wish to alter personal information you have provided, please Contact us.

Please tell us what you think.
If you require a response, please Contact us.

Not what you're looking for?