Please note: the information on this page is for Greater Western Water customers who have a property or business in the area previously serviced by City West Water. To check if this page is relevant to your property or business, go to gww.com.au and enter your postcode. You can also contact 13 44 99.
Moving in or out of a property can be a stressful time. We aim to make it as simple and hassle-free as possible.
Here's everything you need to know about moving in or out of our Greater Western Water service area as a tenant, landlord or authorised agent.
For more information on your rights and responsibilities as a customer and our commitments to you, visit our Customer charters page.
If you would like to know more about billing and how to read or pay your bill please see our Common billing questions.
When you start a business within our service area there are a few things you need to be aware of before you begin trading. Find out what your water and wastewater responsibilities are on our Setting up a new business page.
Whether you are moving to a new location or closing the business for good, before you leave the premises you need to close your account and finalise any trade waste agreement.
To do this you will need to:
- provide us with a final meter reading
- let us know the date you are leaving the premise
- if you have one, have your grease trap emptied for the new tenant or owner;
Let us know that you wish to finalise any trade waste account that may exist for your business.
Residential customers moving in
If you have moved into our service area for the first time, welcome! A water account is created in your name for the property you moved into.
If you’re an existing customer moving to a different property in our service area, your service address will be updated on our system and you’ll receive a new account number.
- When a new residential account is created, tenants and owner-occupiers will receive their bills via email (see eBilling Terms and Conditions).
- When moving into a new property within our service area, you will be issued with a new Greater Western Water account number. If you have any existing payment arrangements set up (eg BPAY View, Direct Debit etc.) these need to be cancelled to avoid paying into the previous account number (for your previous address). Please call 13 44 99 to confirm your new account number to set up new payment arrangements.
- If you are a concession card holder, you may be eligible to apply for a concession on your water bill, however, you will need to authorise this yourself, it can’t be applied on your behalf by a third party such as a landlord or estate agent. Visit our Apply for a concession page for more information.
- Other than usage charges, property owners are still responsible for all other charges for the property, which could include:
- water network charge
- sewerage network charge
- annual park charge
- waterways and drainage charges
- fire service charges (if applicable).