We are committed to your security and privacy and every effort is made to ensure your personal information is secure and safe.
Unfortunately, from time to time we become aware of scams from people claiming to work for City West Water. They may visit, phone, email or text you, requesting personal or financial information.
We encourage you to remain vigilant and keep an eye out for scams you might encounter in person, by phone, text, email or social media. Some ways to stay vigilant include:
- Take care with emails and on phone calls from people purporting to be from City West Water or working on our behalf requesting your personal details, including usernames and passwords, or to view your bill
- Be alert to emails sent from suspicious or incorrectly spelt email addresses, and that do not address you by your proper name
- Don’t open links or attachments from email addresses that you do not recognise
- Refuse offers of discounts – our charges are regulated, and we generally don’t offer upfront discounts
- Know that we will not ask to test water at your home without you first contacting us with a water quality enquiry
If you are in doubt and suspect the person does not represent City West Water, do not provide any information, pay or commit to anything.
Ask for their name and contact us on 131 691 to confirm they work for us or one of our authorised contractors. We are available to take your calls Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm.
For further information on how to recognise, avoid and report scams, please visit:
For further tips on staying safe online, please visit:
May 2020 - water bill discounts
City West Water is aware of a scam that is currently offering customers a 30 per cent discount on their bills. The company offers to pay the bill, asks you to confirm the payment has been made and then gets you to transfer the money into their bank account.
If you are contacted by someone offering you a 30 per cent discount, do not provide any information and contact us immediately on 131 691.
If you think you have provided your credit or debit card or account details to a scammer, contact your bank or financial institution immediately.
May 2020 - water quality tests
Residents in Abbotsford and Airport West have notified us of calls they have received from people claiming to be City West Water employees requesting permission to enter homes to test water quality.
We would like to alert our customers that these calls are not being made by City West Water employees. Any involvement by us to test water quality inside a home would not be carried out without a customer first contacting us with a water quality enquiry.
If you’re contacted by someone claiming to be from City West Water and you have doubts about the reason for their call or visit, ask for their name and feel free to contact us on 132 642 to confirm they work for City West Water.