2019 Day at the Zoo event
At Greater Western Water we want everyone to know the health benefits of staying hydrated, the environmental impact of single use plastic bottles and believe drinking water shouldn't cost the earth.
Did you know…
- Less than 20 per cent of plastic gets recycled in Australia?
- It takes three litres of water to produce one litre of bottled water?
That’s why we are pleased to provide mobile water fountains in our service area for not for profit organisations to support community events, functions and programs which celebrate our vibrant community.
We provide these trailers, free of charge because we want to support you and your event to have a positive impact on the environment – if we all do a bit, we can make a big difference.
To be eligible for a Greater Western Water mobile water fountain at your next event, you must meet the following seven criteria:
- Criteria 1: Your event will be held in Greater Western Water's service area, which encompasses Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne (north of the Yarra River), Moonee Valley, Wyndham, Yarra and parts of Melton and Hume.
- Criteria 2: Your organisation has not-for-profit status.
- Criteria 3: Your event will have an opportunity to educate participants on the value of water, how to use it wisely or how to reduce single use plastic water bottles.
- Criteria 4: Your event has a minimum of 2,500 participants.
- Criteria 5: Your event will recognise Greater Western Water as an Event Partner on the event’s website/web page at least two weeks prior to the event/program.
- Criteria 6: Your event will promote Greater Western Water as an Event Partner on at least one event-related social media channel (eg Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) at least one week prior to the event/program.
- Criteria 7: Your event shares three high resolution event/program-related images with Greater Western Water within five business days of the event’s completion with authorisation to use these images for promotional purposes.
Application submission deadlines
Not surprisingly, our mobile water fountains are very popular. We receive a high volume of applications per year, so to ensure your application can proceed, you must plan ahead of time.
Mobile water fountains are granted in 4 rounds annually; January - March (Round 1), April - June (Round 2), July - September (Round 3), and October - December (Round 4). Applications close 2 months prior to the start of each round, as outlined below.
2021 events and coronavirus (COVID-19)
If your application for a mobile water fountain is successful and restrictions on events and gatherings are in place when your event is scheduled to be held, we’ll work through this with you to either postpone or cancel your mobile water fountain booking.
Community events in 2022
For more information on our current Mobile Water Fountain requirements and availability, please email us.