2019 Day at the Zoo event
At City West Water we are committed to supporting our community to develop and prosper. That's why we are always ready to support community events, functions and programs that celebrate our vibrant community. We do this in a number of ways including sponsoring community organisations and events.
2021 events and coronavirus (COVID-19)
With restrictions on face to face gatherings and events likely to be in place for quite some time, we are looking at creative ways to keep our communities connected and have recently adapted our community sponsorship program accordingly.
We have developed our next community sponsorship round to be more flexible so we can support you continue to deliver your community programs and events in this new environment
Whether you are planning on engaging your community through an online production, concert or webinar, we look forward to receiving your application.
To be eligible to apply and receive community sponsorship, your event must meet the following six criteria:
- Criteria 1: Your event will be held in City West Water's service area, which encompasses Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne (north of the Yarra River), Moonee Valley, Wyndham, Yarra and parts of Melton and Hume.
- Criteria 2: Your organisation has not-for-profit status.
- Criteria 3: Your event will have an opportunity to educate participants on the value of water, how to use it wisely or how to reduce single use plastic water bottles.
- Criteria 4: Your event will recognise City West Water as an Event Partner on the event’s website/web page at least two weeks prior to the event/program.
- Criteria 5: Your event will promote City West Water as an Event Partner on at least one event-related social media channel (eg Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) at least one week prior to the event/program.
- Criteria 6: Your event shares three high resolution event/program-related images with City West Water within five business days of the event’s completion with authorisation to use these images for promotional purposes.
Application submission deadlines
We receive a high volume of applications per year, so to ensure your application can be processed, you must plan ahead of time.
Community sponsorships are granted in 2 rounds annually; January - June (Round 1) and July - December (Round 2). Applications close 3 months prior to the start of each round, as outlined below.
Please note: Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, some community events may not be able to take place due to distancing restrictions at the time the event is scheduled to happen. If the event is not able to take place due to restrictions, the sponsorship application cannot be granted.
Community events in 2021
Events held in January - June 2021
This round has now closed.
Applications will be assessed in the first week of October 2020 with applicants notified in the following week.
Events held in July – December 2021
Applications open: 1 March 2021
Applications close: 31 March 2021
Applications will be assessed in the first week of April 2021 with applicants notified in the following week.
How to apply
To apply for sponsorship, please follow these three steps:
- Confirm your eligibility using the criteria above.
- Ensure you are applying within the correct timeframe, based on the application deadlines above.
- Submit the Community sponsorship online application form, ensuring you’ve read and accepted the terms and conditions.