We’re committed to supporting our local communities to thrive. We love to help you celebrate what makes our city and the west of Melbourne unique areas of Victoria. Our community sponsorships program is one way we partner in community life and contribute to the west being a great place to live, work and visit.
Round 1 applications are now open for 2022!
We’re excited to announce that Round 1 of our community sponsorship funding for 2022 is now open.
To be eligible to apply and receive a community sponsorship, your event must meet the following six criteria:
- Criteria 1: Your event will be held in Greater Western Water’s service area which includes the local government areas of Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne (north of the Yarra River), Melton, Moonee Valley, Wyndham, Yarra and parts of Hume, Moorabool and Macedon Ranges.
- Criteria 2: Your organisation has not-for-profit status.
- Criteria 3: Your event will have an opportunity to educate participants on the value of water, how to use it wisely or how to reduce single use plastic water bottles.
- Criteria 4: Your event will recognise Greater Western Water as an Event Partner on the event’s website/ webpage at least two weeks prior to the event program.
- Criteria 5: Your event will promote Greater Western Water as an Event Partner on at least one event-related social media channel.
- Criteria 6: Your event shares three high resolution event/program-related images with Greater Western Water within five business days of the event’s completion with authorisation to use these images for promotional use.
Application submission deadlines
We receive a high volume of applications per year, so to ensure your application can be processed, we advise planning ahead.
Community sponsorships are granted in 2 rounds annually; January - June (Round 1) and July - December (Round 2).
Please note: Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, some community events may not be able to take place due to distancing restrictions at the time the event is scheduled to happen. If the event is not able to take place due to restrictions, the sponsorship application cannot be granted.
Community events in 2021
Funding rounds for events in 2021 are closed.
Community events in 2022
Events to be held in January – June 2022
Applications are open from 8 October – 7 November 2021.
Applications will then be assessed and we’ll be in touch with applicants in late November 2021.
Events to be held in July – December 2022
Information about this round is planned to be released in May 2022.