We’re committed to supporting our local communities to thrive. We love to help you celebrate what makes our city and the west of Melbourne unique areas of Victoria. Our community sponsorships program is one way we partner in community life and contribute to the west being a great place to live, work and visit.
Round 2 applications are now open for 2021!
We’re excited to announce that Round 2 of our community sponsorship funding for 2021 is now open.
However this round looks a little different.
On 1 July 2021, City West Water and Western Water become Greater Western Water. We’re extending this funding round to include more local communities across Melbourne’s west that will soon be part of our new service area.
This also means that all events we support through this funding round will be as Greater Western Water. We will have a new name and new brand to share with you in your event promotions.
Our eligibility criteria have been updated to reflect our new name and service area from July 1. To be eligible to apply and receive a community sponsorship, your event must meet the following six criteria:
- Criteria 1: Your event will be held in Greater Western Water’s service area which includes the local government areas of Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne (north of the Yarra River), Melton, Moonee Valley, Wyndham, Yarra and parts of Hume, Moorabool and Macedon Ranges.
- Criteria 2: Your organisation has not-for-profit status.
- Criteria 3: Your event will have an opportunity to educate participants on the value of water, how to use it wisely or how to reduce single use plastic water bottles.
- Criteria 4: Your event will recognise Greater Western Water as an Event Partner on the event’s website/ webpage at least two weeks prior to the event program. Should your event promotion commence prior to 1 July, Greater Western Water will provide you with alternate promotional material.
- Criteria 5: Your event will promote Greater Western Water as an Event Partner on at least one event-related social media channel (e.g Greater Western Water will provide you with alternate social media material.
- Criteria 6: Your event shares three high resolution event/program-related images with Greater Western Water within five business days of the event’s completion with authorisation to use these images for promotional use.
Application submission deadlines
We receive a high volume of applications per year, so to ensure your application can be processed, we advise planning ahead.
Community sponsorships are grnted in 2 rounds annually; January - June (Round 1 - closed) and July - December (Round 2).
Applications close 3 months prior to the staart of each round, as outlined below.
Please note: Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, some community events may not be able to take place due to distancing restrictions at the time the event is scheduled to happen. If the event is not able to take place due to restrictions, the sponsorship application cannot be granted.
Community events in 2021
Events held in January - June 2021
This round has now closed.
Applications will be assessed in the first week of October 2020 with applicants notified in the following week.
Events held in July – December 2021
Applications open: 1 May 2021
Applications close: 31 May 2021
Applications will be assessed in the first week of June 2021 with applicants notified in the following three weeks.
How to apply
To apply for sponsorship, please follow these three steps:
- Confirm your eligibility using the criteria above.
- Ensure you are applying within the correct timeframe, based on the application deadlines above.
- Submit the Community sponsorship online application form, ensuring you’ve read and accepted the terms and conditions.