Skip to the main content

City West Water

Food businesses

All commercial food businesses in our service area must have a valid trade waste agreement.

Why you need a trade waste agreement

Wastewater from food preparation, cooking and cleaning contains fats, oils and other solid particles (greasy waste) which can be discharged into the sewer system.

Greasy waste can cause sewer blockages on your property and within our sewerage system if not managed appropriately. Sewer blockages can lead to sewage overflowing into the environment or within your property. To prevent this food preparation businesses will need to have an appropriately sized grease trap installed. For more information on grease traps refer to our grease trap page.

Apply for your Trade Waste agreement online

Do you have a commercial food business that requires a trade waste agreement? Saving time by applying online!


Understanding Trade Waste for food businesses

View Transcript

How to apply for a trade waste agreement

To set up a trade waste agreement fill out the online application form or download the application for trade waste agreement form.

Once we have received your completed application we will assess and typically process your request within 10 business days.

Please note that charges apply to all applications lodged with us, for pricing information see our Pricing Handbook.

Advice and support

Our team is here to provide you with advice and support with any of your trade waste issues. Please contact us by phone on 9313 8366, complete our online contact form or email us at

Please tell us what you think.