Trade waste

If you discharge wastewater from a business or institution (other than domestic sewage) into the sewer system, you are a trade waste customer.

Use the following menu to learn more about requirements that may apply to you.


Grease traps

Food businesses (or institutions that prepare food) need a grease trap installed and maintained.

Find out more

What is trade waste?

Understanding trade waste can help you make sure your business complies with our requirements.

Find out more

Food businesses

Trade Waste Consents for food businesses (or institutions that prepare food)

Find out more

Industrial businesses

Trade Waste Agreements for industrial businesses

Find out more

Trade waste charges explained

Charges cover the cost of transporting, monitoring, administrating and treating liquid waste generated by commercial and industrial businesses.

Find out more

Backflow prevention

Find out what backflow is and what steps you can take to manage it.

Find out more