Stormwater harvesting fund
We can co-fund stormwater harvesting projects for open spaces, parks and sports fields in our area through our Water for a greener west fund.
Councils, developers and private organisations with ‘shovel ready projects’ are strongly encouraged to apply.
The fund is one of the most practical ways we’re partnering to benefit our community and we’re seeking impactful projects that will bring real liveability and environmental benefits to Melbourne’s west and our greater service area.
Funding of $100,000 and up to $1 million per project is available. Applicants must at least match City West Water for every dollar contributed.
Our first round of funding is open from 23 July 2018 until 12 October 2018.
We look forward to working hand-in-hand with likeminded organisations to foster a greener west.
Water for a greener west funding is for the construction of stormwater harvesting projects and projects that support liveability benefits.
If you answer ‘yes’ to these questions then we would readily consider an application from you.
- Is the project within City West Water’s service area?
- Is there commitment from City West Water, council and Melbourne Water to the ownership and maintenance of the projects assets?
- Will the project deliver benefits to open space greening and waterways?
- Do you have co-funding commitments from partners to at least match funding from City West Water on a dollar for dollar basis?
- Do you have your organisation’s commitment to total accountability for managing the project?
- Is the total funding sought from the fund equal or less than $1,000,000?
Prior to submitting an application, please review our application guidelines and checklists for applying. It will assist you in understanding if your project is eligible and make your application process more straightforward.