Skip to the main content

City West Water

Moving or closing your business

Find out the steps for moving or closing your business.

Whether you are moving to a new location or closing the business for good, before you leave the premise you need to close your account and finalise any trade waste agreement.

To do this you will need to:

  • Provide us with a final meter reading;
  • Let us know the date you are leaving the premise;
  • If you have one, have your grease trap emptied for the new tenant or owner;
  • Let us know that you wish to finalise any trade waste account that may exist for your business.

You can send these details via email to, call us on 13 16 91 or use our Contact Us form.

Need your grease trap emptied?

Your grease trap should be emptied several times a year depending on the size and amount of waste your business produces. You can download a list of business that will pump your grease trap in our service area on the trade waste pages.

Businesses with complex needs

Is your business large and complex? We aim to provide excellent customer service to every business in our service area. If you need help with trade waste or other business needs please contact us.

Please tell us what you think.
If you require a response, please Contact us.