By registering for eBilling you agree to be bound by these Terms.
The following words are defined as follows:
- eBilling means bills that have been issued electronically via email instead of via mail (paper bill).
- Greater Western Water, GWW, we and us means Greater Western Water Corporation ABN 70 066 902 467.
- Terms means these terms and conditions
The eBilling terms govern the delivery of Greater Western Water’s (GWW) bills to you via email.
In the event of any inconsistency between the eBilling terms and other GWW terms, these terms prevail but only to the extent of any inconsistency in relation to your receipt or otherwise of a bill by email.
We will send you a summary of your bill by email. You can access and download a complete PDF version of your bill via a link in the email sent to you.
You accept the eBilling terms
By signing up for eBilling, you are agreeing to:
- receive all GWW bills via the email address provided to us (either by yourself or from a landlord/estate agent) (ie, you forgo receiving paper bills)
- the collection of metadata confirming that you have successfully received and/or read the bill we have sent you via email.
Signing up for eBilling online will automatically mean you receive email bills for any properties that are connected to GWW and are in your name (additional Properties). If you own Additional Properties and do not wish to have them all registered for eBilling, call us on 13 44 99 so that we can arrange eBilling and paper billing as you require.
Automatic eBilling registration for new customers
New residential customers and other new customers who do not have a current account with Greater Western Water will automatically be registered for eBilling when an email address is supplied upon the creation of their account. Customers can switch to paper bills at any time.
Switching back to paper bills
You can opt-out of eBilling at any time using our Switch to paper form or by calling us on 13 44 99. It may take up to 10 business days to cancel eBilling and until this time, we will continue to send bills to your nominated email address.
We will use our best endeavours to send your bill to the email address you have provided. However, there may be events or circumstances beyond our control which means we cannot deliver eBilling.
If we cannot deliver a bill by email, we may:
- send a paper bill to the mailing address on your account
- contact you by phone to ask you to supply an alternative email address.
We will email bills in accordance with GWW’s normal billing cycle (a bill sent every quarter of the year, eg 4 bills over 12 months (ie quarterly).
You agree it is your responsibility to:
- notify us immediately if your email address changes.
- regularly check your email address inbox for your bill; contact us if you do not receive a bill during the time you would ordinarily receive a bill in the normal billing cycle (you may first wish to check the junk email folder of your inbox to see whether the bill has been delivered to that folder)
- ensure there is sufficient space available in your email address inbox to receive your bills
- keep your email account secure to protect the privacy of the information contained in your bill
- pay your bill by the due date specified on the bill, regardless of whether you receive, read or access the bill via email.
Cancellation or non-application of eBilling terms
GWW may cancel, amend or replace the eBilling terms from time to time. If we do, we will give you notice of the change and the date from which the change applies, and the eBilling terms will be deemed to be amended to reflect that change. We will notify you of the change via your email address or mailing address.
The eBilling terms will cease to apply if:
- they are cancelled by GWW
- you opt-out of eBilling
- your Supply Agreement is been terminated or expired and you have not entered into a new one with us.
Nothing in these eBilling terms excludes, limits or modifies any:
- rights of recovery or to compensation you may have under the Australian Consumer Law
- other rights of recovery or to compensation you may have under law, including under other GWW terms
- other conditions, warranties or guarantees (including the application of the Australian Consumer Law)
- to the extent, we are prohibited by law from excluding, limiting or modifying them.
When we use eBilling we cannot and do not warrant or represent that the communication will be free from computer viruses or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems.