Terms and conditions for our eBilling service
These terms and conditions govern the delivery of bills to you via email – ‘eBilling.’
You will receive an email with a summary of your bill. A full version of your bill can be accessed via a link in the email called ‘View Bill (PDF)’.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
Unless you tell us otherwise, or these terms and conditions cease to apply, when you sign up for eBilling, you agree:
- To receive all bills from us via your nominated email address, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- That bills will no longer be delivered to your mailing address.
- If you are an existing customer and you establish a new account with us, we will send bills to your nominated email address.
- To the collection of data that informs City West Water that you have accessed the email and material contained within. City West Water may use that data for future business purposes.
Signing up for eBilling online will automatically mean you receive email bills for all of your properties.
If you own multiple properties and do not wish to have them all registered for eBilling, contact us on 131 691.
Switching back to paper bills
You can opt out of eBilling at any time using Switch to paper or by calling us on 131 691. It may take up to 10 business days to cancel eBilling and until this time, we will continue to send bills to your nominated email address.
We will use our best endeavours to deliver a bill to your nominated email address. However, there may be events or circumstances beyond our control which mean we cannot deliver a bill to your nominated email address.
If we cannot deliver a bill to a nominated email address, we may:
- Send a bill to the mailing address on your account.
- Contact you to request you nominate an alternative email address.
We will send bills to your nominated email address in accordance with the normal billing cycle.
You agree it is your responsibility to:
- Notify us immediately if your nominated email address changes.
- Regularly check your nominated email address inbox for your bill, which is sent in accordance with the normal billing cycle.
- Contact us if you do not receive a bill during the time you would ordinarily receive a bill in the normal billing cycle. You may first wish to the check the junk email folder of your inbox to see whether the bill has been delivered to that folder.
- Ensure there is sufficient space available in your nominated email address inbox to receive your bills.
- Keep your email account secure to protect the privacy of the information contained in your bill.
It is your responsibility to pay your bill by the due date specified on the bill, whether or not you receive, read or access the bill.
Cancellation or non-application of terms and conditions
We may cancel, amend or replace the terms and conditions from time to time. If we do, we will give you notice of the change and the date from which the change applies, and the terms and conditions will be deemed to be amended to reflect that change. We will notify you of the change via your nominated email address or mailing address.
These terms and conditions will cease to apply if:
- They are cancelled.
- You opt out of eBilling.
- Your Supply Agreement has been terminated or expired and you have not entered into a new supply agreement with us.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, limits or modifies any:
- Rights of recovery or to compensation you may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Other rights of recovery or to compensation you may have under law, including under the Customer Charter or your Supply Agreement.
- Other conditions, warranty or guarantee (including the application of the Australian Consumer Law),
To the extent we are prohibited by law from excluding, limiting or modifying them.
When we send a bill to your nominated email address, we do not warrant or represent that it will be free from computer viruses or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems.