Skip to the main content

City West Water

Apply for a concession

Discover the eligibility requirements for a concession on your water bill.

If you are a concession card holder, and not already receiving a concession on your account, you can apply for a discount on your water bill.
Two seniors sitting on a couch having a cup of tea.

We offer a discount of up to 50% off water, sewerage service and usage charges (to a maximum of $305.50 per year) to customers who are concession card holders.

Eligible concession cards include:

  • Pension Concession Card
  • Health Care Card
  • Department of Veteran's Affairs Gold Card Repatriation Health Card For All Conditions (War Widow or TPI).

More information on which concession cards are eligible, click link below:

Please note: The Department of Health & Human Services decides which concession cards are eligible for discounts on water and sewerage services.

Facing a temporary financial crisis? Apply for a utility relief grant.

Customers facing a temporary financial crisis can apply for assistance under the Utility Relief Grant Schemes available through the Department of Health & Human Services. Visit their website for eligibility criteria and details on how to apply.


Before applying please note that to receive a discount, all concession card holders must:

  • Be registered with City West Water.
  • Be the primary account holder.
  • Use the property for residential purposes.
  • Be applying for the cardholder's principal place of residence.
  • Ensure the name and address on the concession card match the name and address on the bill.
  • Hold one of the eligible cards listed above.

How to apply

If you meet all of the above eligibility, download a copy of the concession application via this link:

Return the completed form along with a photocopy or scan of your concession card to City West Water via email:


Return via post:

City West Water
Locked Bag 350 Sunshine VIC 3020

If you need further assistance call us on 131 691.

Concession FAQs

We offer a range of assistance to customers who are experiencing difficulties paying their bill. See our Set Up a Payment Plan page for more information.

Free, independent and confidential financial counseling services are offered by the following community organisations:

  • Customers in Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Moonee Valley and Wyndham can contact Anglicare on 9731 2500.
  • Customers in Brimbank and Melton can contact Good Shepherd on 1300 786 696.
  • Customers in City of Yarra can contact Kildonan Child and Family Services in 1800 685 682.
  • Customers in City of Hume can contact Lentara Uniting Care on 1300 882 035.
  • Free tools and advice are also available at
Please tell us what you think.
If you require a response, please Contact us.