Progress on our customer commitments
Every five years, we submit a Pricing Submission to the Essential Services Commission.
Our commitments in the current 5-year period relate to the following six outcomes:
- Services to my home and business are safe, reliable and efficiently managed.
- Customer service is accessible and my enquiries are resolved promptly.
- Billing and payment options are efficient and convenient.
- Customers in hardship are supported.
- The whole of the water cycle is managed in an environmentally sustainable way.
- City West Water is a valued partner in servicing a growing Melbourne.
We monitor a total of 41 individual key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess how we’re tracking. Our mid-year report provides an update on our performance against each indicator and outcome for the first half of 2020-21. Some indicators are only reported annually and so have not been included.
For the first half of 2020-21 we met our targets for 26 indicators. The (COVID-19) pandemic has meant that several indicators have been affected such as our ability to read meters. In light of these circumstances, overall, we consider that our performance remains on track for 2020-21.
Over the next year we will continue to improve our customer commitments by:
- investigating a proactive flushing and mains cleaning program
- making improvements to our responsiveness to rectify sewer spills and blockages
- replacing over 30km of water pipes across our network to ensure continual supply to customers
- prioritising contact centre staff to support to customers during the (COVID-19) pandemic.
A copy of our mid-year report is available to download below.