The Essential Services Commission (ESC) has made its determination on our Price Submission.
This determination on our Price Submission covers our service standards, prices and tariffs from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2023.
The ESC, the independent economic regulator of the water sector in Victoria, assessed our submission against a new performance model that places a high importance on customer engagement and value for money.
Based on extensive customer engagement we developed a Pricing Submission that delivers the following outcomes:
- Services to homes and businesses are safe, reliable and efficiently delivered
- Customer service is accessible and enquiries are promptly resolved
- Billing and payment options are efficient and convenient
- Customers in hardship are supported
- The whole of the water cycle is managed in an environmentally sustainable way
- We are a valued partner in servicing a growing Melbourne.
Who we consulted
Our Price Submission was developed based on asking customers what matters to them and how we can better meet their expectations.
To do this we ran a wide-reaching engagement program that was open to all of our customers.
Our 2018 Pricing Submission builds on the efficiencies we’ve achieved over the past five years, so we could deliver real price reductions for all of our customers.