We're replacing 250m of water main through Rushall Reserve, from Holden Street to Rushall Crescent.
Water main renewal works in Rushall Reserve, North Fitzroy
There will be no disruption to your water services during these works.
The existing water main is over 100 years old, and is nearing the end of its service life. Our work to replace the water main will reduce the likelihood of ruptures and bursts and ensure we can continue to deliver safe and reliable drinking water for our customers.
When will the works start?
Construction works are scheduled to begin on the week of 26 June 2017 and be complete within approximately 10 working weeks. The contractor performing these works will be Ansina Pty Ltd.
To minimize disturbance to nearby houses, working hours will be within EPA guidelines: between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday to Friday, and 8:00AM and 1:00PM on Saturdays (when required).
What you will notice
- Prior to the works commencing there will be consistent truck movements along Holden Street to deliver the construction equipment
- Some noise is expected as part of the works. Noise will be generated from moving vehicles, machinery and generators to power equipment.
- Due to heavy vehicle movements through the reserve there may be some damage to the grass. Any damage caused will be reinstated once all the works are complete.
- Traffic management will be set up prior to the works starting. This will include detours on the pedestrian and bike paths within the reserve.
- Holden Street will be the main point of entry for construction vehicles.
- Truck movements will be managed and maintained to reduce impacts for residents closest to the works storage site.
- Road closures are not expected.
- Signage will be on site, within the reserve from one week before works begin.
Preserving the parklands and waterways
- We would like to assure you that no trees are going to be removed or damaged as a result of our works.
- We will be fencing off a considerable space within the reserve for the safety of workers and park users while maintaining as much space as possible for people and their pets.
- Our works will include the removal of the old infrastructure through an open trenching method and where this method will not be suitable, trenchless technology will be used to reline the existing pipes and avoid any impacts to the established trees.
- These works will not produce any materials that are harmful to the local water way. Any silts and construction waste produced will be contained within the works zone and disposed of offsite. Every care will be taken to ensure there will be no impacts on the creek and surrounding vegetation.
- Once the works are finished the reserve will be reinstated and any damage caused will be rectified.
For further information regarding these works please contact either:
Bill Ozzimo, Project Manager Ansina Pty Ltd on 0418 122 310 for construction related questions
Guilliano Andy, Project Delivery Engineer, City West Water on 9313 8755 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries
Every effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience during the works, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.