We're replacing 250m of water main through Rushall Reserve, from Holden St to Rushall Cres.
Water main renewal works in Rushall Reserve, North Fitzroy
There will be no disruption to your water services during these works.
The existing water main is over 100 years old, and is nearing the end of its service life. Our work to replace the water main will reduce the likelihood of ruptures and bursts and ensure we can continue to deliver safe and reliable drinking water for our customers.
When will the works start?
The contractor performing these works will be Ansina Pty Ltd. Construction works are scheduled to begin on the week of 29 May 2017 and be complete within approximately 10 working weeks.
To minimize disturbance to nearby houses, working hours will be within EPA guidelines: between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday to Friday, and 8:00AM and 1:00PM on Saturdays (when required).
What you will notice
- Prior to the works commencing there will be consistent truck movements along Holden Street to deliver the construction equipment
- Some noise is expected as part of the works. Noise will be generated from moving vehicles, machinery and generators to power equipment.
- Due to heavy vehicle movements through the reserve there may be some damage to the grass. Any damage caused will be reinstated once all the works are complete.
- Traffic management will be set up prior to the works starting. This will include detours on the pedestrian and bike paths within the reserve.
- Holden Street will be the main point of entry for construction vehicles.
- Truck movements will be managed and maintained to reduce impacts for residents closest to the works storage site.
- Road closures are not expected.
- Signage will be on site, within the reserve from one week before works begin.
For further information regarding these works please contact either:
Bill Ozzimo, Project Manager Ansina Pty Ltd on 0418 122 310 for construction related questions
Guilliano Andy, Project Delivery Engineer, City West Water on 9313 8755 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries
Every effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience during the works, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.