Be wary of fake emails
We’d like to remind our customers to be wary of scam emails.
For overdue accounts, you may receive an email from Probe Group on behalf of City West Water. This is a legitimate email.
However, due to recent reports of fake scam emails claiming to be sent on behalf of City West Water, we advise our customers to be especially careful.
Things to look out for:
• Look for tell-tale signs of a scam email such as spelling mistakes and poor grammar.
When in doubt:
• Don’t respond to the email or make payments.
• Call City West Water on 131 691 to check if the email is legitimate or a scam if you have any doubt.
• When contacting City West Water, use the contact details from our website, not the contact details from the email.
• If you have provided your details via an email and believe you may have been a victim of fraud, contact your bank or financial institution immediately.