Contractors and consultants
To provide design, engineering or construction work on our sewerage or water assets, you need to comply with various codes, standards and specifications. These include:
- Accreditation – to work on our assets, you need to be accredited by us in the correct categories
- Codes – there are several codes that you need to comply with when working on our water and sewerage assets
- Products and materials – find out what products are approved for use within our service area
- Specifications – depending on what type of work you are doing, there may also be some specifications that you need to comply with
- Confined space access – there are strict policies and procedures around applying for confined space access permits and finding contractors who are accredited to do this work
Many of the industry codes and specifications are administered by the Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) – a national body – and the Melbourne Retail Water Authority (MRWA), which is an association of Melbourne’s three government-owned water retailers: City West Water, South East Water and Yarra Valley Water. You can find much of the information you need on the MRWA website.
For more information about working on City West Water assets, you can also email us on:
- email@example.com for enquiries about products and materials
- firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries about accreditation for consultants and contractors
- email@example.com for all other enquiries
Major assets and works projects
This section also includes pages about some of our major assets, such as the Altona Treatment Plant, and some of the larger projects currently underway, including works at Lollipop Creek in Wyndham Vale to build a new sewer pipeline for the area.
Major works projects can involve road closures and short service disruptions, and often require us to manage environmental and cultural needs. We try to keep local communities informed of major works in their areas. If you have any questions or would like more information about works projects, please don’t hesitate to contact us.