Skip to the main content

City West Water

Moving out of my property

You’re moving? Great, but before you pack up the truck here are a few things you need to do.

Disconnecting your water service

Before you leave the property you need to let us know. It’s best to give us at least two business days’ notice before your moving date so we can arrange for a final water meter read and close your account. This will mean you are not charged for any water usage after you have left the property.

If you are moving into a property that is covered by our service area we can transfer your account to your new address.

Woman packing a moving box.

Property Owners

As property own your our conveyancer or solicitor will alert us to the change of ownership at the property. It is usually a good idea to give us a call a few days before the settlement to check that we have been notified.


Tenants moving out of a property can complete and return a disconnect water service form. Please submit your request for disconnection at least a week before you move to ensure you are not charged for usage after you leave the property.  

Moving out of our service area? No problem!

You will need to let us know by completing the disconnect water service request and emailing it to us at least two weeks before your moving date.

Calculating your final bill

When you let us know you are moving out of the property we will take a final read of your water meter.

Your final bill is calculated based upon this reading. You will receive the final bill approximately 10 days after the final meter read is taken, which can be paid via the details listed on the bill or on our Pay Now page.

Please tell us what you think.