Procurement plays an important role in our towards zero waste strategy.
Why procurement is important
We purchase a range of goods and services. Each of our purchases has an impact on the environment that can be minimised by working with our suppliers to consider issues including:
- The reused and recycled content of products we buy.
- Embodied carbon of products.
- If goods and services can be locally sourced.
- The energy and water efficiency of products and services.
- The durability and longevity of products; and
- ‘end-of-life’ management options for waste streams.